He Does All Things Well

And they were beyond measure astonished, saying, He hath done all things well. . . Mark 7:37

This week, I'm privileged to be at Northwest Indian Bible School, where I did my internship in college.   Three of my college friends are now here as missionaries, and yesterday I sat down with them to catch up.  As we began to share how God had led us into the ministries we're each a part of, we were all amazed by the goodness of God.  "God really does things well," said Jenna.  And we all agreed.  

Today I'm reflecting on the goodness of God, and how well He's done things in my life.  It's incredible just how He prepared me to be a part of this ministry!  I never could have played for a choir if my grandparents had not felt burdened to pay for piano lessons for me, or if I had not played for PR groups in college.  I couldn't have been a dorm mom without the opportunities He's given me to mentor, or even the experience I had as a CFA trainer way back in 2016-17.  The preparation that has happened in my life to bring me here is absolutely incredible.

But even while He was preparing me to do the work He had for me, He was preparing the work to fit me.  God gave me a gift of making music, a love for traveling, a passion for training and discipleship, and an urgent desire to work for Him.  I get to do all of that where I'm at!  And He's prepared a place that will support my spiritual needs!  I've come to realize how much I need mentorship and accountability in my life -- and Jesus had a mentor prepared for me here!  She loves Jesus, has a lot of experience and wisdom, and is someone I feel I can confide in.  He's placed me in a church that values prayer, holds fast the old-fashioned ways of holiness, and urgently witnesses that Jesus saves.  I have been so well-fed.  

Jesus loves me.  I can't help but think that maybe His leading to South Dakota was bigger than just what I can do.  He had prepared me to do the work, certainly, but He'd also prepared the work to fit me.  He had something beautiful and good prepared for me, and He brought me into it.  

As I talked with my college friends, and heard the stories of God's leading in their life, I couldn't help but look at what good gifts our callings have been to us.  I know we all agree with Mark:  Jesus does all things well.

I don't know how Jesus will lead in your life, where He will take you, or what He's doing for you.  But I can promise you He has a good plan for you.  He's carefully worked in your life, using both the good and bad, to prepare you for a work He has for you, and prepare the work He has for you.  You will find, as I have:  He does all things well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2025 Recap

Kingston VBS '25, pt 2

Kingston VBS '25, pt 1