Kingston VBS '25, pt 2

 Friday, July 4th, I hit the number I needed in order to make the trip to Canada. My plan was to take Saturday easy, and on Monday, to do several more deliveries to have a buffer.

That weekend, I was dog-sitting. I stretched out in the grass to read a book while the dog raced back and forth across the yard, letting out his energy. He was so happy to be out of his pen. Unfortunately, one time that he raced by me, he got too close, and his head collided with mine. I was a little dazed, but the poor dog seemed to be more disoriented than I. I went about my day as usual.

On Sunday, I was inexplicably tired. By the evening, I was developing a headache and feeling dizzy and nauseated. I joined the Albertsons for a snack, but continued feeling worse. One of them ended up driving me home, because my vision was becoming distorted. By Monday, I couldn’t check my car’s side mirrors because it was making me black out. Wednesday, I visited the chiropractor, who told me that I had a concussion. Wednesday night, I left the service because the noise and lights were causing me to nearly pass out.

There I was. Barely functioning. Couldn’t drive. Couldn’t go outside (or even turn the lights on) without sunglasses. Couldn’t even braid my hair (the weight was too much). Couldn’t think straight. And in less than 48 hours, I was supposed to be driving four teenagers out of the country to teach VBS to a church full of loud kids and bright lights.

God knew that if I didn’t go to Spring Creek youth camp, I wouldn’t meet the Grillos. If the Grillos couldn’t go on the trip, James couldn’t go, either. I would’ve had no helpers and no driver, and I would’ve had to cancel the entire trip. But God worked it all out.

There’s the rest of the backstory. Stay tuned for the real excitement.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2025 Recap

Kingston VBS '25, pt 1