"Settling In"
It's been nearly four weeks since I moved to Mitchell. Since then, I have been asked, "Are you settling in alright?" more times than I can count. I'm not sure what people are really wanting to know when they ask that, but I can think of a few indicators that I have indeed "settled in." So, for those of you who are wondering, here's my list.
1. All my boxes are unpacked and everything is organized comfortably. New curtains are hanging in the living room and kitchen, pictures are hanging on the walls, and my closet is color-coordinated once again.
2. I've been baking! I was given a sourdough starter and have made an unhealthy amount of delicious bread. I've also enjoyed making bagels, brownies, cookies, and who knows what else.
3. I've had more than 30 guests join me for meals over the past three weeks. I've discovered that the maximum I can have over at one time is 10.
4. Several teens and kids rush at me for hugs when they see me coming. It makes me feel so loved.
5. I've taken several trips to the library and have spent many hours porch-sitting with a good book.
6. I've driven hundreds of miles in town doing Walmart deliveries, and feel quite comfortable finding my way around. I've discovered the best coffee shop, the boba tea place, the best bakery, the donut shop, and the best parks.
I think it's safe to say that I've settled in just fine :)
Comments
Post a Comment