Victory
A spiritual foe stands before me, shaking his weapon and challenging me to fight. I will not engage in the battle. He spews lies into my ears with an intent to destroy my faith. I will not reply: there will be no discussion.
I have no reason whatsoever to participate in the fights that Satan tries to pick with me. Victory was already purchased when Jesus Christ shed His blood on Calvary. When Christ died, He made victory possible, and He claimed it for Himself, once and for all.
Because of this there is no need for me to struggle. I don’t need to debate with the devil: the rebuttal, the winning argument, is the Blood. There is no need for me to fight the devil for spiritual ground: the ground was already conquered by Jesus. I don’t plead for victory to be given to me: I side with the One who is already named The Victor, and claim the victory through Him.
I used to face temptation and barely have a hope of encountering it. I used to hear whispering doubts and entertain them and try to answer them myself. I used to want spiritual ground, but feared I could not overcome to obtain it.
Not anymore.
Now, I face temptation, and I know that victory is already mine through Christ. Now I hear whispering doubts, and I turn my eyes to Jesus and let His Blood be my reply. Now, I see spiritual ground, and I believe that through Him it is already mine.
Victory is won.
The victory is Yours.
You're riding on the storm.
Your name is unfailing!
Though kingdoms rise and fall,
Your throne withstands it all.
Your name is unshaken.
“Victory is Yours” by Bethel Music.
Comments
Post a Comment