My Provider
I rediscovered this name of God this week: Jehovah-Jireh. It means, “The LORD provides.” I could talk for a while about the significance of being named Provider, because having that name means it is part of who He is, not just what He does. Maybe I’ll write a devotional about that later, but that wasn’t my plan for this blogpost.
Moving is more stressful than I anticipated, but in it Jesus has been so good to me.
I pulled up to my apartment, and a family and Elizabeth had come to help me. The family brought flowers and a wall hanging, and Elizabeth came bearing homemade pizzas for dinner, a case of water, and tissues. I didn’t even get up to my apartment before the tears started. Jesus sent me beautiful people to help me.
Unloading took all of five minutes, as the mom of the family directed traffic and did the heavy-lifting (I was impressed). Meanwhile I made nervous comments and remarks to the point that the lady turned around, engulfed me in a hug, and said, “This is a no-judgment zone. Moving is stressful and we’re just here to help. Would you rather be left alone for a while or can we come help you unpack?”
I definitely wanted to be left alone, but I knew that sitting in my house crying alone wasn’t going to get my furniture moved. We went up to my apartment, where I discovered many examples of God’s provision:
1. My family from Phoenix dropped off a load of things last week. I didn’t realize that they were bringing a Bosch, and tons of Tupperware, or a number of other kitchen things.
2. There was a gift bag in my apartment: in it were three scripture wall hangings that were perfectly suited for me, as well as several kitchen items I had been praying about needing.
3. One of those scripture wall hangings was Psalm 112:7, which says, “She confidently trusts the Lord to take care of her.” As I was reading that, I discovered that a very nice recliner was being carried up the stairs. The family helping me move had realized I had no seating in the house, and had gone to Goodwill (which they claim never has furniture here in town) to find this for me.
4. When my room furniture was all moved in, I had a stunning realization that my room was the sort of room I had dreamed about having as a kid. It’s perfect.
5. My closet is enormous. It’s at least double the size of my closets in my dorm room. All my clothes fit solely on one side of the closet, and that leaves the other side open to fulfill a dream I’ve always had.
6. Elizabeth is going to be a great friend. She stayed nearly eight hours to help me unpack, and was an encouragement. She seemed like a lot of fun when I first met her. Then, when I got blessed and starting telling her what the Lord was doing in my heart, she got blessed too and starting praising Jesus with me. I have a worshiper as a friend!
All of this reminds me of a song:
All my life You have been faithful
And all my life You have been so, so good!
With every breath that I am able
I will sing of the goodness of God.
Jesus is my provider, and He is so good.
Comments
Post a Comment